Saturday, December 27, 2008

5:30 am

Found this on my computer. Dont know when exactly and why I wrote it, but I like it, for some odd reason.
So here it is:

5:30 am
The clock synchronises inside with the dripping water outside,
Some voices murmur in the dark,
A lone rickshaw speeds of into the distance
and I go miles and centuries back and forth in my room ,
in the company of books.

It's strange this feeling,
of wakeful sleepiness.
There's a certain sense of urgency to stay awake,
Yet there's no pressing deadline.

It's just that.
The silence of the night,
the quiet scratch of pen on paper
and the hum of the refrigerator.

6 comments:

Bohemia said...

wish i could explain like u hav.....in those words.....nice

Smitha Menon- said...

Thank you curious for your patronage!

Michelangelo ;) said...

so this is what you do when you are supposed to be studying sociology ;) ?

Smitha Menon- said...

Hahah,Yea, I think it was sometime around then

five_silver_rings said...

Likes. Very. Much.
Problem with the phrase: 'wakeful sleepiness'--seems cliched. Otherwise, good work :)

Smitha Menon- said...

really?dammit. Thought I was being cool and creative.